We provice Accounts, Audits, Taxation, Revenue Inspection and Payroll Services plus many more.
Let us help you dedicate more time to running your business.
Revenue / Nera / Law Society Inspection
Law Society Reports
Company Start Up / Secretarial
New Business Start Up
Limited Partnership Accounts / Tax Returns
Payroll / Bookkeeping
Our principal aim is to add value to your business.
- Providing management information that improves the running of your company.
- Helping you understand your accounts and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Ensuring your accounts are accurate and comply with all statutory and accounting standards.
- We provide accountancy and auditing services to a wide range of businesses from SME companies to not for profit entities.
- We take a proactive approach to planning and carrying out an audit and seek to complete it in a short turnaround time.
- We discuss our findings with you, help identify areas of weakness and help you implement any agreed solutions.
We can assist you with registering for tax. Outlined below are some of the main tax registrations typically required.
We can provide you with a cost effective VAT service, which includes:
- Writing up books.
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns.
- VAT control and reconciliation.
- Day to day advice on matters as they arise.
- All employers must make the necessary statutory deductions from their employees’ salaries and remit them to Revenue.
- In addition to submitting P30 returns and payments, all employers must complete and return a P35.
- Corporation Tax is a tax payable on all corporate profits, income and gains wherever arising during the accounting period.
- Companies resident in the State, with some exceptions, and non-resident companies who trade through a branch or agency are liable for Corporation Tax. The current Irish Corporation Tax rate is 12.5%.
- Company directors and sole traders are subject to self - assessment and must file personal tax returns with the Revenue Commissioners by 31 October annually.
- We can assist you in the preparation and submission of your tax return whether you are a private, individual, sole trader, partner or a company director.
Revenue / NERA Inspection
If you or your company have been selected for a Revenue, NERA, or Law Society inspection, you should contact us as soon as you receive the notification as we can help by reviewing your affairs and making any necessary disclosures in advance in order to help reduce any penalties or tax interest that may arise as a result of our findings. We will be available to you on the day and will liaise with the relevant authorities on your behalf until the case is closed.
Law Society Reports
We prepare and submit Law Society reports in accordance with Law Society Regulations. It is vital that the reporting accountant knows how to prepare and submit the annual report; in addition, it is of as much importance that the reporting accountant understands the content of such report.
We provide management reports to a number of clients. These reports include monthly management accounts, budget reviews, supplier reports and reconciliation, and statistical payroll information. We can tailor reports to your needs and issue periodic reports that can guide your business in making financial decisions, planning and evaluating performance.
Company Start Up /Secretarial
We will advise you on:
- how the company should be structured, the legal requirements and taxation implications in forming a company;
- your business plans and cash flows;
- your obligations as a company director;
- your filing obligations;
- your obligations to your employees;
- O’Brien & Co. will arrange the formation of a new company and provide you with a company secretarial service post incorporation.
New Business Start up
Some points to consider:
- Will I operate as a company, partnership or sole trader?
- Do I need an office or will I work from home?
- Who will be my customers / suppliers?
- Do I need staff?
- Set up costs.
Have a well thought out business plan and Cashflow Forecast . There are very good aids to be found on all the banking websites. A business plan will help you identify costs and consider the details of your business. A clear, well thought out plan is essential if you intend to raise capital while a cashflow forecast will enable you to identify the net cash inflows and outflows of the business and what kind of finance you will need to have available at certain periods.
Limited Partnership Accounts and Tax Returns
Our team has expertise in:
- Preparing partnership accounts.
- Dealing with complex PAYE issues in a partnership situation.
- Preparing capital allowances and losses.
- Filing Partnership returns.
Payroll and Bookkeeping
- We operate a computerised payroll system, offering payroll on a weekly, fortnightly or monthly basis and issue a payslip for each pay period.
- We will submit your P30 and P35 returns, and issue P60s and P45s as and when required.
- We will complete CSO statistical inquiry forms on your behalf.
- We provide a full book-keeping service, from writing up books from source documents to reconciling creditors and debtors.